10.15.2011

A Peek in my Planbook

I'm joining Clutter Free Classrooms here for...
It's been a busy week even if it was only a 4 day week!I haven't blogged for a few weeks so this will be a few highlights from the last few weeks! It's fall & I just feel like doing fall stuff!
For composition before Thanksgiving we made this Thankful tree. We did handprints with fall colored construction paper. I let them totally do their own hands-draw & cut out- so we have some very interesting pointy fingers but it's their own work. I love how it turned out! I have it up on a door in my room.
In Science, we've been studying "The Animal World". Beavers were one animal we studied so when Dad told me we had a beaver lodge in the dugout I knew we would be taking a little field trip. So one cool fall afternoon we headed out there with Dad & Mom. Dad even let them stand ontop of the lodge & told them more then the Science had taught them! Afterwards they got to pet the horse & then in for fresh cookies & chocolate milk before we headed back to school. They loved it! And I love when they can learn from seeing hands on...
A fun fall craft we did was make pumpkins from toiletpaper rolls! We did them like this except I didn't use leaves and for stems we jus twisted a brown paper bag! They had fun & they helped with measuring & cutting their own fabric!
ok that all for highlights right now! What are all your fall ideas?!

No comments: