5.10.2013

May Memories......

May is here again...this time in May brings memories...memories of "good~byes"....Today is 1 year~one whole entire year~ since my dear Grandma B flew home...her battle with cancer was over...we miss her sooo much but I know how happy she is...many times as we served drinks in Cancer Center there in Michigan I thought of Grandma...I lived 1 birthday with out Grandma's card,$5 & birthday call...I lived my 6 months in Ann Arbor without phone calls & faxes from Grandma. I know she would have wanted to here it all. I can here her saying "oh, oh!" if I would have told her a sad story from the hospital..& then her dear friends I met there in MI.."you're Grandma/Mother Ruth's granddaughter?"..She was so special to many of them...& getting a quick chat in with Grandpa's children & grandchildren that were visiting in MI & the feeling of family cuz of Grandma...We were each her most special...memories....
 Tomorrow is 2 years since my 16 year old friend, Andrea, from the same community where Grandma lived also flew home after a life long but especially hard last 7 months battling problems with her hear...heart transplants, pacemaker, LVAD...We worked in CVC ( Cardiovascular Center) in MI also & I often thought of Andrea...in the medical library there where we worked they had a model LVAD....Somehow hospitals make you remember loved ones...
  Now a week & a half ago...this May...Grandpa's 1 1/2 yr old great-granddaughter was tragically driven over & killed...so sad...more "good~byes" for some in May...
 Now this weekend I'm going up to spend with friends, family & my other grandparents...& next school term I'll live close to them...so I'm gona soak up all the memories I can while I still have them here!

" Life is short...You never know which day will be your last so live each to the fullest!"

1 comment:

Jennifer Ruth said...

Yikes that's a lot of goodbye's for 1 month. What a lot of memories. Wish Heaven had a phone so we could phone and talk to all our loved ones up there. or they could come down and we could do things just one more time,,, but we cant.. so we patiently wait for our turn to go to Heaven,,, meanwhile living life to the fullest and enjoying it!! =)