8.08.2012

Where Have I Been?

Well I'll try n give you a run down of the highlights so far this summer! Maybe then I'll realize where it went!!
School year-end was the 1st weekend in June! All went well after all the business leading up 2 it!!
The following Tuesday, we went n had supper with Grandpa at his place...had one of Grandma's pies..that was my first time back after her funeral..n yes it was so empty n so hard....then on to Edmonton for night.
Early Wednesday morning I flew to Phoenix!!! And there I met my big sis!!
Was soooo good to spend about 2 weeks with them...time was spent swimming, shoppin, eating, talking!! So hard to leave but leave I must...reality was waiting! Got home in the middle of the night & by the next supper my uncle, aunt & 4 cousins were here! They stayed til a little after lunch the next day. Before they left, in time for lunch, a real good friend & her 2 yr old girl arrived as a surprise visit for mom! So uncles left & they stayed til atleast 4 the next day! A busy time but so much fun having them here! "Little A" the 2 yr old is such a darling! I even played in the kiddie pool with her! Haven't played in there in a long time! :) Then life returned to normal...I think!
A week later I helped put on a jungle themed baby shower for my sister-friend...(you know those sisters you choose!) She is expecting a boy the end of July!
Day after the shower I finished cleaning ALL my stuff out of school...& then before sup 5 of us girls, our luggage for all weekend, pillows& 5 sleeping bags all piled in 1 car! (we did fit by spreading a sleeping bag out on the back seat to sit on!) Headed up by Medicine Hat to spend July 1st weekend wth 1 our friends! Sunday night left there & went camping with her! Home monday night! Fun weekend!
The next morn I started my yard care job down at J.L.'s about 25 min away...I'll be there about 3 days a week for however long I need work...they have 1 little darling boy who is about 2 1/2...he loves to come out to where I am working &"visit"! He calls me"Lady"! But is also starting to say my name...such a dear! Other then visit with the sweet lil guy, I mow, water, weed, rake, whatever they need help wth! That week I also started a yard job in town a day a week...actualy both of these jobs I had last year. In town I just help her with anything that needs doin inside or out! All great people to work for & will miss all greatly when I quit at the end of the month...
July also brought SVBS.. Had a girl come teach & she spent a week & half here..she was actualy "lil" sis' friend..so SVBS brought on many youth deals- sup at the dunes, pizza, fireworks by the lake, volleyball, volleyball, more volleyball!
Found myself a black diesel jetta to buy! I actualy don't have it yet but can't wait to drive it!
Went to a friends wedding I think it was July 22..was huge! Before I got home mom called & I am leaving for Ann Arbor Sept 12! So the rest of July was filled with work & starting to plan for that...
August started really nicely!! My sister-friend had her lil (or big,8 lb) boy august 1st! He is such a sweetie n I'm trying to get all the cuddle time wth him I can before I leave! Otherwise so far August has just been the normal juggling of work around rain n then trying to get started on my sewing...dress number 4 is now cut out...Thursday is a sewing day for me! doesn't sound like there will be alot there but EVERY BIT HELPS!!!
Ok I'll end this long post...n I need sleep cuz I'd like to get up early enough to cut a dress before work! Think I can??? we'll see...!

No comments: